Friday, July 07, 2006

Making Things Happen

When I was in my final year of graduation, I thought a lot about how to contribute my part for the society. With every movie I watch, I feel like becoming a hero. That night I promise myself that am going to play my part actively in the society, fight against the evils. And when I do convey such ideas to my friends, I hear from them that they too believe in my words.

That was three years back. Last month I was going to my friends place on my bike. A traffic police stopped me for license and other docs. I don't have any and I escaped by bribing him, who would like to surrender his bike and roam around police station. Right??

Few days after the incident I was talking to one of my old friends and he asked me about how my contribution is going on. That moment I felt that things are going very bad, I thought to be a fighter but am myself against the good. That night I couldnt sleep, it is the day I woke up. But from that moment, I still did nothing as a part of contribution. May be am lazy and I fear for the consequences. I donno, but am not behaving a citizen.

I think most of the people have the same things happening with them. Every one feels they are going to kick great contributions and change the society. Today I read about the BLANK NOISE project. A womans thought to fight against an evil that is prevailing from centuries, and its 300 members strong now.

Muskaan is one of such NGO started by a Dr Prosenjit Gupta of IIIT Hyderabad for educating the people in the slums around. Though not a person who can speak the native language, telugu, he is going great with convincing and education children.

If you cant start a war, you can atleast start with an ongoing war.

No comments: